The Indy Schools High School Fair will feature more than just high schools and community resources. Make sure to check out the two info-packed workshops at the fair to help you learn more about preparing for college, teen employment, and more.
11:30AM – 12:15pm: Navigating to and Through College
Students and families can learn about programs available to middle schoolers that can help them prepare and pay for college. This panel can help you learn more about preparing for: college admissions, selecting the best college for you, college scholarships and financial aid, and more.
Moderator: Greg Harrell, Director of Program Implementation at the Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Chris Brown, Manager of College and Career Programs, Indiana Latino Institute
- Alicia Cardoza, Student and DACA recipient
- Kenzie Hock, 21st Century Scholars Program
- Carlota Holder, Director of Academic Language, Enlace Academy
- Luis Serrano, College and Career Coordinator Christel House Academy@Manual
1:00 – 1:45pm – Summer Opportunities for Learning and Employment
Get the most out of summer break! Learn more about programs that help middle and high schoolers get work experience, continue learning, and have fun over the summer holiday.
Moderator: Patricia Altamirano, Enrollment and Community Coordinator for Global Prep Academy
- Dani Neal, Project Director Indy Summer Learning Labs
- Yecenia Tostado, Executive Director – Project Azul
- Jessica Ledesma, Program Manager Teenworks
- Elia Sanchez, Community Outreach Consultant
- Manuela Salazar, Executive Director – Latino Leadership Initiative, Marian University